A few weeks ago I flew to Lanzarote to go see a dear friend of mine who lives there. I thought it would be fun to make a list of reasons why you should absolutely visit Lanzarote!
- Cheapest airfare ever! I flew from Weeze Airport, which is a 2:45 min drive from Brussels, and paid € 60 for my ticket with Ryanair.
- It is an island so the temperatures are absolutely great. Even on a hot day there is a lot of wind which makes it comfortable.
- Beautiful clear sea that start out turquoise and then changes to a darker shade of blue.
- All the houses on the island are white. It’s really pretty.
- The national park Timanfaya with volcanos.
- There are so many viewing points on the island. You get to stand on the edge of cliffs and watch the sunrise or the sunset over the other islands.
- Vineyards, everywhere! Hello winetasting!
- Jameos del agua, a beautiful natural subterranean lake with albino crayfish.
- The excellent food, fresh fish and tapas
- La bodeguita del medio, an excellent tapas restaurant with the most host you’ll ever meet and excellent food. The owner is Dutch but his tapas were better than most of the tapas we ate during our stay.